Who we are
The Privitera company was born from the long and laborious work of Alfio Privitera, who planted the first vineyards way back in 1929 in Zafferana Etnea, a small village on the slopes of Etna.
An important “shock” to the company was given in the 60s and 70s by his son Giuseppe, who deserves credit for having expanded the vineyards in the areas of Mazzarino, Riesi and Butera to diversify production.
At the same time Giuseppe moved the company headquarters from the Zafferana Etnea area to Gravina di Catania for greater proximity to the city of Catania.
The Cantine Privitera are today an important point of reference for those who intend to purchase good wine.
Today the company, now in its third generation with Alfio and Sandra, produces quality wines following the best winemaking techniques, successfully addressing all those who still love to taste ancient flavours.